Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When Being Articulate On Paper Just Isn't Enough...


Me: (trying to explain at how I fail at using bookmarks) ...and my bookmark was right there on the table beside me and when I got to the page I wanted to be-

Bro: You make goals for yourself for how many pages you read in a sitting?

Me: No, I just meant, like, when I got to the page I did when I finished my chocolate milk. Um, I mean... like, when I was finished with it... (trying to explain)

Bro: And you call yourself an author.

Me: Hey, I never call myself articulate out loud.

Bro: So... are you articulate in loud then?

Me: Wow... you are such an intelligent conversationalist.

6 comments:

  1. Funny dialogue, luv Charlie Brown:) Cool blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! "Articulate out loud." Not one of my strengths either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to my world of tongue tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracked me up because I am the exact same way! I can write all day, but try to get me to talk and I've got nothing for ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, the conversations you have with your brother :P These always crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it any wonder that writers aren't always articulate out loud?

    I'm certainly not an "intelligent conversationalist".

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...