Part 2 of Jamie's end of year survey, about my blogging/bookish life!
1. New favourite blog I discovered in 2014: Most blogs I end up following now are on Tumblr, but Books & Cupcakes and theserpentinelibrary are just a couple of my favourites. I also really like Shae's blog, although I don't read as much of it as I would like to.
2. Favourite review that I wrote in 2014: All my A to Z challenge reviews were fun! Although the reviews of books I liked were more fun, haha.
3. Best discussion/non-review post from 2014: Eh... and now you get to see how bad I've been at blogging this year. I can't even remember what I blogged about. But I like the post I did about my struggle with NaNoWriMo.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, virtual events, etc): All my favourite events were virtual. I did about half of Books & Cupcakes book photo challenge on Tumblr, and I also participated in a Marchetta secret santa, so that was fun! Oh, and #mmweek (Melina Marchetta week) on Tumblr was fun as well.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014? All my interactions with fellow book-lovers, book bloggers, bookish people, and authors on Twitter!
6. Most popular post this year on my blog: Since I didn't post a lot, I'm going to say the most popular post on my Tumblr blog, which was a post I made of books in a book bag during the June book photo challenge, which now has around 900 notes.
7. Post I wish got a little more love: Other than my post about NaNo, the only non-review post I did was A Short List of Endlessly Fascinating Characters which I guess could use some more love. :)
8. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, stores, etc): Not sure... although my local indie bookstore does social media really well, so it's fun to follow them. :) Oh, and YA Interrobang is cool if you've never heard of them - it's a news site about YA books!
9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals you had for yourself at the beginning of the year? Nope, unfortunately. I had had a goal of reading more diverse or non-Western books but never got around to it. I also never got around to finishing my A to Z challenge, or any other challenge for that matter. Oh well. Next year!
1. One book I didn't get to in 2014 but will be my number 1 priority in 2015: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray and To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I want to see if all the hype (and that beautiful cover of A Thousand Pieces of You) matches up to what's inside.
2. Book I am most anticipating for 2015 (non-debut): Winter by Marissa Meyer, the last in The Lunar Chronicles, Shadowscale by Rachel Hartman (sequel to Seraphina) and THE FOURTH RAVEN CYCLE BOOK!!!
3. 2015 debut I'm most anticipating: I don't know! I haven't been following debuts as much this year because I have so many other things on my TBR list, but I'm sure something will come up.
4. One thing I hope to accomplish in my reading/blogging life in 2015: I'd love to read more diversely, especially books that are set outside the Western hemisphere (recs, anyone?) As for blogging, I think I'm going to start doing some more reviewing because even when I'm busy I still read a lot for some reason.
Stay tuned for January 1 to see the list of all the books I've read this year!!