Monday, April 1, 2013

Some Pictures of the Philippines

I don't know! I don't know what to write about today. So I guess I will just post some pictures of some of the cool things I've gotten to do this year.


In October I went to Tagatay. This is the view of Taal volcano from where we stayed. Unfortunately it was cloudy most of the time.
 

Tagatay
 

In January I had the opportunity to climb Mount Pinatubo. This is on the way to the start of the hike, riding on 4x4s.
 

Mount Pinatubo climbing group! I'm the one in the Canada shirt. :)
 

The inside of the volcano.
 

In February I went to Corregidor island. If you know any history about the US in Asia in WWII, you might know about Corregidor. So much history. I love it. And so beautiful.
 

We camped on the beach under the stars at Corregidor. This is what I saw when I woke up.
 

The view of our campsite from way up on Malinta hill on Corregidor island.
 

The view of Corregidor from the lighthouse.
 I think climbing Mount Pinatubo and going to Corregidor for a weekend are my two favourite things I've done here in the Philippines so far. This is only a small picture of the Philippines, though. It certainly doesn't always seem so beautiful, especially when you're living in Manila with so much pollution and poverty.

If you're ever on this side of the world, though, I'd definitely encourage you to visit. :)

1 comment:

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...