Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Today's feature is ten books on your spring TBR list! 

Recently I've been searching for Canadian books and books with global settings to read for my Around the World Reading Challenge, so those are the kinds of books that have ended up on my TBR recently. Here's ten I'm really excited to read - some aren't out yet, but some are and I just haven't read them yet! 


The Outside Circle by Patti Laboucane-Benson and Kelly Mellings is a graphic novel about two Aboriginal brothers. I've become a lot more interested in graphic novels lately, and this one sounded interesting. Also I think I need to read more books with Aboriginal MCs. The Outside Circle is supposed to come out in May 2015. 



A Teaspoon of Earth and Sea by Dina Nayeri is a book about a young woman in Iran. The cover and the premise are both beautiful. 



Listen, Slowly by Thanha Lai I put on my TBR because of the gorgeous cover. It is about a young girl traveling to Vietnam to learn more about her family roots. 



Nothing Like Love by Sabrina Ramnanan. Such a pretty cover, and an intriguing story. It comes out in April, and it is very much anticipated.

Monstress by Marjorie M. Liu - another graphic novel.

Beauty Plus Pity by Kevin Chong I put on my TBR because I found it on a list at 49thshelf.com and it sounded interesting. 

Black Bird by Michel Basielieres I added to my TBR because I really haven't read all that much about Montreal, and it sounds interesting.

Burmese Lessons: A true love story by Karen Connelly I added because I like love stories, and I like memoirs. Although I just noticed that this book is part of a list called "Travelogues of people who should get their head examined" on Goodreads, so we shall see how reading this one goes. 

The Art of Getting Stared At by Laura Langston is by a Canadian author about a girl with a hair loss condition with a name that is impossible to remember. It intrigues me, also because a girl who I used to be in choir with had the same condition. 



I Love, I Hate, I Miss My Sister by Amelie Sarn is a book about sisters, translated from French. What more could you want?

Now I've got to get reading!! What are some books on your spring TBR? (FYI if you're looking for diverse Canadian books, 49th Shelf is awesome for that - especially since they have a global theme this month).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...