Wednesday, April 8, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday is a weekly blog hop created by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk to help writers stay in touch.
 
WHAT I'M READING


I just finished Listen, Slowly by Thanha Lai. I love MG, they're always so fun and silly, but can also be really heartbreaking at the same time, and this is exactly what Listen, Slowly was. I loved Mai, she was so funny and confident and got herself into things. It's always fun when MCs just get into all sorts of crazy and embarrassing situations. I also loved how the friend Mai made while she was in Vietnam was super into frogs, of all things.

WHAT I'M WRITING

I was working on a story about a young traveler that tries to leave her hurts behind at home, but school happened, as it always does. I was trying to do 500 words a day, but I kind of just... stopped. Anyone want to volunteer to keep me accountable?

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW

I'm finding my classes really inspiring right now, although now they're all over - my last day of classes was Tuesday! (Now exams woohoo). I love learning. 

IN OTHER NEWS

Well, school just ended and now I'm into exam period. The other thing that just happened is I got accepted into a 5-week French immersion program called Explore, which is a program that the Canadian government actually gives bursaries for in order to encourage Canadians to learn French. So the government pays for everything except your transportation to the university you take classes at (and live at), and spending money. There's programs at universities all across Canada, but I'm going to Universit√© Laval in Quebec City! I'm super excited but also a little bit nervous because you're required to speak French all the time and I'm like... I don't know enough French!? Although I'm sure I know more than I think I do. 

Anyway, that's what's up with me. Sorry all I've been doing lately is update posts and book reviews, but I feel like I need to post something, and those are two easier kinds of posts to write. I do want to write some more in-depth posts on things I've been thinking about, though. So stay tuned!

What's up with you?

1 comment:

  1. You sounds like me, aha. I go into writing a novel which such great intentions of writing xxx amount of words a day, but it never works. xD At the end of the day I always decide that I'll just write as much as I can--and be happy with that.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...