Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 End of Year Book Survey Part 2

Part  2 of Jamie's end of year survey, about my blogging/bookish life!

1. New favourite blog I discovered in 2014: Most blogs I end up following now are on Tumblr, but Books & Cupcakes and theserpentinelibrary are just a couple of my favourites. I also really like Shae's blog, although I don't read as much of it as I would like to. 

2. Favourite review that I wrote in 2014: All my A to Z challenge reviews were fun! Although the reviews of books I liked were more fun, haha. 

3. Best discussion/non-review post from 2014: Eh... and now you get to see how bad I've been at blogging this year. I can't even remember what I blogged about. But I like the post I did about my struggle with NaNoWriMo

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, virtual events, etc): All my favourite events were virtual. I did about half of Books & Cupcakes book photo challenge on Tumblr, and I also participated in a Marchetta secret santa, so that was fun! Oh, and #mmweek (Melina Marchetta week) on Tumblr was fun as well. 

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014? All my interactions with fellow book-lovers, book bloggers, bookish people, and authors on Twitter!

6. Most popular post this year on my blog: Since I didn't post a lot, I'm going to say the most popular post on my Tumblr blog, which was a post I made of books in a book bag during the June book photo challenge, which now has around 900 notes. 

7. Post I wish got a little more love: Other than my post about NaNo, the only non-review post I did was A Short List of Endlessly Fascinating Characters which I guess could use some more love. :)

8. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, stores, etc): Not sure... although my local indie bookstore does social media really well, so it's fun to follow them. :) Oh, and YA Interrobang is cool if you've never heard of them - it's a news site about YA books!

9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals you had for yourself at the beginning of the year? Nope, unfortunately. I had had a goal of reading more diverse or non-Western books but never got around to it. I also never got around to finishing my A to Z challenge, or any other challenge for that matter. Oh well. Next year!

Looking Ahead

1. One book I didn't get to in 2014 but will be my number 1 priority in 2015: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray and To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I want to see if all the hype (and that beautiful cover of A Thousand Pieces of You) matches up to what's inside. 

2. Book I am most anticipating for 2015 (non-debut): Winter by Marissa Meyer, the last in The Lunar Chronicles, Shadowscale by Rachel Hartman (sequel to Seraphina) and THE FOURTH RAVEN CYCLE BOOK!!!

3. 2015 debut I'm most anticipating: I don't know! I haven't been following debuts as much this year because I have so many other things on my TBR list, but I'm sure something will come up. 

4. One thing I hope to accomplish in my reading/blogging life in 2015: I'd love to read more diversely, especially books that are set outside the Western hemisphere (recs, anyone?) As for blogging, I think I'm going to start doing some more reviewing because even when I'm busy I still read a lot for some reason. 

Stay tuned for January 1 to see the list of all the books I've read this year!!

3 comments:

  1. Diverse book recs: since you like some fantasy, I'd recommend Eon, which I believe is Chinese-based fantasy. It's about dragons. I was "meh" about picking it up, but my friend, who doesn't normally read fantasy and whose judgment in books I trust (and is really similar to yours, now that I think about it) read it and was over the moon about it. It's on my tbr list for 2015.

    For MG, I would rec The Ear, The Eye, and The Arm by Nancy Farmer. It's a sci-fi novel set in Zimbabwe, if I remember correctly.

    You know, I've been thinking about getting a tumblr just to follow some of the shows and fandoms I like. It never occurred to me to use one for books, too. Glad that's been working out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, thanks for the recs! The one by Nancy Farmer sounds fascinating. But yeah, I mostly only follow book blogs on Tumblr; it's so fun and an easy way to get recs and talk to other people who really love the books I do. I would recommend it, but it is a huge time suck, just like any social media.

      Delete
  2. Luckily came to your place.
    Hope to connect with all EBooks Authors helping each others.
    http://amazonebooksbase.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...