Wednesday, September 9, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Hello! Thought I would do a What's Up post so that I can update on you on various happenings, since mostly all I've been posting lately is book reviews (but hey, at least I've been posting, right?)

What's Up Wednesday is hosted by Jaime Morrow and Erin Funk.






WHAT I'M READING

I'm almost finished reading Kabloona in the Yellow Kayak by Victoria Jason, which you have probably never heard of. It's by an author from Manitoba who went up north to kayak along the Northwest Passage and the Mackenzie River. The book follows her journey kayaking in the north over four summers. It is soo well written and beautifully describes the Arctic scenery. A review will be forthcoming!


WHAT I'M WRITING

I've been mostly failing at my Write Whatever Every Day challenge, but I'm definitely thinking of writing more. I feel like just relaxing all the pressure is a good step, because now I'm starting to think of ideas again. Instead of thinking of things in terms of books or short story ideas I could publish, I'm just thinking of ideas in terms of writing pieces, which could be anything. So I have a few ideas going of what I can write. I just need to sit down and write them, so I guess that's my goal.

WHAT WORKS FOR ME (a new section introduced a long time ago that I've never used haha, about what works for me in regards to writing)

One of the things they say you can put under this section is inspiring quotes. Here's one from author Anne Lamott, who wrote Bird by Bird: "Publishing isn't all it's cracked up to be. But writing is."

WHAT ELSE IS NEW

I'm back at school! I'm now in my third year of undergraduate studies, and I have actually decided what to major in. I handed in the form and everything. I am majoring in Intercultural Studies and minoring in Communications. And I talked to an academic adviser and I could potentially graduate next year. We'll see, though. Anyway I love school, so it's nice to get into it again. I'm also working part time, but I'm hoping to not do that for too long.

What are you up to? What have you been working on?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...