Monday, October 26, 2015

My Dream Literary Collection

I'm not usually one of those kinds of people that likes to collect books, just for the sake of it. I'm not one of those people who needs to buy the same book every time a new hardcover version comes out. However... Invaluable.com, an online auction site (which also has antique books for auction!) asked me to share what my dream literary collection would like, and there are definitely some gorgeous books out there that I would love to have on my shelf.

1. Harry Potter box set




I read Harry Potter when I was 16 (a little late to the party, I know) but I borrowed them all from a friend. I have an old paperback copy of Chamber of Secrets I think, but that's it. I know that I'd love to reread these books over and over again, so I would love to own them. And this box set is just absolutely gorgeous. I loove the illustrated covers, and the sparkly stars on the bindings.

2. Barnes and Noble Leather-bound Classics


(source)


I saw a picture of these once on Tumblr, and they look amazing. They have gorgeous detailing and illustrations on the front, and they're classics, so they'll never go out of style. I also love anything with fancy swirly designs, which most of these do.

3. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare




I think it'd be really cool to own all of Shakespeare's works, and a version of them in thick, old heavy books because it kind of seems like that's the kinds of books his writing should belong in. 

4. Penguin Cloth-bound Classics



Another series of classic novels that have caught my eye, just for how pretty and pleasing they are. I love the understated patterns on the binding that carry over to the covers. Timeless. 

Of course, there are many more books that I would love to own, but these are some that I thought would look the best on a shelf. :) 


What books would you want to have in your dream literary collection?

 

1 comment:

  1. *Drools* I want all these books too! I really love all those leather- and cloth-bound classics, but they're always so darn expensive. :P I was also a little late to the HP craze; I didn't read them until I was 18! I'm actually planning to re-read them this year. :)

    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster award! https://brigidrgh.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...