Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You Know, I Don't Even Have A Wardrobe...

Today is Wednesday, which means it's YA Highway's Road Trip Wednesday... a "Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question and answer it on our own blogs. You can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic."

Today's topic:

If you could live within the universe of one book, which would you choose?

I was thinking about all the books I've been reading recently, and I got to thinking. So many of these books have awesome universes surrounding them, like in Harry Potter or The Knife of Never Letting Go or The Hunger Games.

Yes. They are awesome worlds. But those worlds are fruitin' scary.

Alright, maybe if I was a courageous hero like Harry, Todd or Katniss, then I could fly with living in the world of Harry Potter or on New World or in Panem. Except I'm not. I would be terrified having the threat of the Mayor of Prentisstown on my back, or Voldemort or whatever. That's the nice thing about books, you see. You can be a part of those worlds, except you don't have to worry about being stabbed to death by a crazy priest or even just being killed in general. (Except we do anyways, because we're so into the story...)

But Narnia. Now, Narnia is pretty cool. And I don't see Narnia as really scary, either. I think it's Aslan. Aslan has this way of making you feel safe, I think, in Narnia even there are evil things in Narnia. The beautiful scenery helps, too.

My dad used to read the the Narnia books to me and my brother and sister when we were younger. The idea of a magical, beautiful place where you could go to get away from the normal world was awesome. Not only the place, but the people there too -Mr. Tumnus and Aslan and all the other Narnian folk that are so pleasant. Narnia is definitely a place I'd like to take a book to and lie on the countryside, with a beautiful view in front of me, and just read while the gentle breeze stroked my skin... (okay that's kind of ironic... going to a book-universe and reading a book? But that's what I imagine doing, honestly.)

Now, if only I could find a wardrobe...

1 comment:

  1. Yes Narnia is a good choice so long as you dont ride in the witches sleigh eating that Delight candy...lol. That was kinda scary....turned to stone....blech!
    http://howlynntime.blogspot.com/2011/01/if-you-could-live-in-any-worldya.html

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...