Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween is For Book Jack-o-Lanterns!!

Two years ago, I made a Hunger Games themed jack-o-lantern, and it turned out cool.
 
(Last year, I was in the Philippines, and they don't do Halloween. Also, pumpkins in constant 30 degree weather? Gross).
 
This year, I carved a pumpkin based on The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. It's a beautiful book, with a really cool cover. (Actually there are multiple cool covers).
 
 
 
 
 
 
I carved the circus, and just like The Hunger Games there is a symbolism behind the circus being lit from behind my flame (I will not tell you why, you must read the book to find that out!)
 
I really enjoyed The Night Circus. The way it's written it doesn't get super in to the characters' heads so I found it hard to get into at first. However, once I got into it the distance from the characters created an awesome effect. It's a book about a magical circus, what more could you want? Actually it's interesting because it is a lot more than that. Erin Morgenstern has created this entire world and culture around this circus. Anyway, I definitely encourage you to check it out if you haven't.
 
And my mom made a jack-o-lantern based on Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, which is a silly picture book series by Mo Willems that I (and many others) love:

 
 
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! If by writer you mean that I write, which is pretty obvious if you explore this blog a bit or read the description on the right. ;) Are you?

      Delete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...