Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What's Up Wednesday (On the Wrong Day... Again)

I thought I'd take some time today to do a What's Up Wednesday post.... on Tuesday. (I know, I already did that once). But I like the format of the What's Up Wednesday posts, so yeah, I take it and use and twist it for my needs! And my needs at this point are updating you on things like...

What I'm reading

The Lord of the Rings! I tried reading the epic trilogy way back in middle school, but I couldn't get through the Two Towers. Just recently over the course of a few weeks my brother and I finished watching all of the LOTR movies, after my brother had read the book this summer. He had some interesting thoughts after the last one that were based on the books, so I asked him if he would recommend them and he said yes. This is probably one of the only times he's recommended me a book, so that's what I'm doing. So far I'm enjoying it, even if some parts seem unnecessary to me (like all the stuff with the weird Tom Bombadil cult at the beginning?)

What I'm writing

Heheh. Nothing... right now. I kind of want to pick up an old draft I wrote last year in November and rework it. I like the concept, which is about two lonely kids, one who is so lonely that she lives inside an imaginary world in her head.

What else I'm up to

Other than school and work, I've been slowly compiling a mental list in my head for November goals. I'm not doing NaNo because, to be quite honest, it terrifies me. (One of the years I will conquer my fear, I promise). But this video inspired me to get back on top of goal-making, which is one of my favourite activities.

So far, I'm thinking:
  • Blog every day in November
  • Stop wasting time on Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, etc
  • Eating healthier
  • Revising

Obviously I haven't fleshed them out completely yet, but I'm definitely thinking seriously of trying to blog every day.

What inspires me right now

Literary Disco! It's a really cool and actually quite hilarious podcast that I listen to on the bus ride home some days. It's just three friends, chatting and discussing books. It's so funny sometimes that I have to stifle my laughter on the bus by pretending to cough or yawn or something. But yeah, you can check that out at www.literarydisco.com.

Also on the last episode they recommended this band, Typhoon, and I am really enjoying their music.



4 comments:

  1. It may be on a different day than Wednesday, but at least this post is a great gathering of reading haps and goals to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay LOTR! I'm taking a class on Tolkien this semester so I've been working my way through the trilogy. I've never read them for various reasons so it's very exciting for me. I'm on Return of the King now and I'm kind of disappointed I didn't get into the series earlier.

    Good luck with your November goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I'm on Two Towers now... which is where I got stuck last time, so we'll see if I can get through it. Although I'm definitely more determined now.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...