Monday, February 2, 2015

4 Places I Want to Visit Because of Books

Some books just have the most fascinating settings, you can't help but want to visit the places their settings are based off of. Here are some places I want to travel to and the books that make me want to travel there!

1. Wales



A lot of Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Cycle is filled with Welsh mythology. Anyway one of the big parts of the series is how one of the characters, Gansey, is obsessed with his search for the Welsh king Glendower. I follow Maggie on Twitter and a few months ago she visited Wales and posted pictures and it is so gorgeous.

2. Virginia


This is also a place I want to visit as a result of reading The Raven Cycle, which is actually set in Virginia. The landscape sounds so pretty, and the few pictures Maggie has posted look amazing. It just looks like such a pretty place to go, and it's somewhere not a lot of people choose as a travel destination.

3. Russia



Shadow and Bone and the rest of the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo made me a lot more interested in Russia. I mean, the covers alone portray some of the architecture and beauty that are inspired by Russia. I also just think it'd be really interesting to travel to Russia, since it's a country that I don't know a lot about.

4. Amsterdam


Despite everything that irks me about The Fault in Our Stars, it does make Amsterdam seem like a pretty fun and interesting place to visit. As long as the idiotic Van Houten stays far away from me, I would love to visit the Anne Frank house or any other historical attraction I could find in this beautiful city.

What places do you want to visit because of books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...