Saturday, January 31, 2015

Loony Literate Launch Blog Hop!

Hello! So Emily, who I follow Twitter @thelooneytuney, has launched her own website! As part of a celebration of launching her own website, she's doing a fun blog hop thing, and the questions looked fun, so I thought I'd join in. (And while you're at it, go check out her site, it's super cute: www.loonyliterate.com). 

1) What’s something a bit LOONY about you?

As a child, I was extremely sensitive, and often books that I don't blink an eye at now scared me to pieces then. I couldn't finish Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin when I first read it in middle school, because it scared me too much! I also get nervous sometimes on precarious staircases, especially ones where you can see through each step. 
 
2) Since I’m Australian – what’s your favourite book by an Australian author?

Melina Marchetta is my favourite author OF ALL TIME, so I have much love for Australian authors. Jellicoe Road, Saving Francesca, The Piper's Son and her Lumatere Chronicles series are my favourite. 
 
3) What’s your favourite kind of post to write, and why?

Silly, creative posts are really fun to write, but so are tag/blog hop posts like this, because then I don't have to do as much work to figure out to word stuff - I just have to answer questions!  

4) Favourite genre of YA?

Contemporary, then fantasy. 
 
5) Biggest blogging goal?

Currently, I want to do waaay more book reviews this year. Also just more posts in general (so far I'm doing pretty good!)
 
6) Name another blogger who has been an inspiration to you.

Steph Bowe has some great posts on her blog (hey look another Australian!)
 
7) Trivia -
a) a 2014 contemporary YA release where the main character is called Emily (and I loved it, by the way). This author also wrote a book about a road trip.

I saw someone else's answer but now I can't remember... it's a book by whoever wrote Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, though, I know it. 
 
b) Madam Rosmerta from Harry Potter makes lovely oak-matured what?
[hint…it’s part of my name]

Mead! Because Emily's last name is Mead. ;)
 
8) If you haven’t done this already, look up your full name (or your pen name if you use one) on an anagram finder. What’s the best anagram of your name?

Either Salary Heck Loss or Scholarly Sakes, but there are so many! Haha. That was fun, thanks Emily.

9) One thing you want to see more of in YA?

I always want to see more friendship and family stories, especially where both parents are present and well-developed. I'd also love to see stories set outside of North America, with non-American main characters. 
 
10) And finally – are you excited about Loony Literate????

Yes! I am excited to see what you will do with it. :) Also, it is already beautiful, and it must be exciting having your own website! 

Check out Emily's blog, and her blog hop link-up giveaway she's super sweet! :)

1 comment:

  1. That was a fun blog hop. I'd love some of Rosemerta's Mead :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...