Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I Can't See Me Lovin' Nobody But You... (RTW!)

Over at YA Highway, it's Wednesday = Road Trip day. And today's question is...

Who are your favourite literary couples?

There are two kinds of relationships that I always enjoy in books (and for that matter, films and TV shows as well).

The first kind is the childhood, innocent-type relationship that is very light-hearted and sweet. Like cotton candy. Some of my favourites are:



Meg and Calvin from A Wrinkle in Time and then all the other books L'Engle's quintet. Adorably sweet. :)

Jess and Leslie from Bridge to Terabithia. (Katherine Paterson). Not really a real in-love kind of relationship, but a sweet couple all the same.









Green lips = funny, sweet book.
Another sweet romance of characters that I absolutely LOVED was Cal and Eliot's in Scrambled Eggs at Midnight by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler. The best romance book I have ever read!












And, of course, the second kind of relationship that I LOVE to see in books are those tricky "love-hate" relationships.

Namely,





Happy Valentines! <3

5 comments:

  1. Meg and Calvin! Such a good call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ron and Hermione. Oh my goodness look how young the actors are there! They're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Ron and Hermoine are adorable :D
    and so are jess and leslie. ive only seen the movie yet--still need to read the book. but it was such a cute frienship!
    also, how was i not following you earlier! i do now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes for Ron and Hermione and Cal and Eliot! I really loved Cal and Eliot's story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about Meg and Calvin, but realized we don't see a lot of the two of them together to make a good judgment on it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...