Friday, October 7, 2011

Symptoms of Falling in Love...With A Book



"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend." -Paul Sweeney

1. You cannot put the book down.

That thing is so good it's glued to your fingers. You bring the book wherever you go and sneak a sentence every single chance you get. You will sacrifice everything if only to read onward!

2. You cannot stop thinking about the book.

When someone eventually rips that book out of your hands, you cannot think of anything else. You can't stop reliving your favourite scenes in your head, or agonizing over what could happen next. And, of course, you're plotting the perfect time to make an escape and go back to your book to pick it up once again. Oh, how your heart longs for those words!

source


3. You want to know everything about that book.

You want to find out every single little detail about the story-world in that book. The book itself just simply isn't enough. Who cares if you have to resort to poorly written fan-fiction. All you want is to frolick for the rest of your days with those characters and those settings. Or maybe you just try to find something written by the same author. It doesn't really matter, you just want MORE!

Unfortunately, love can sometimes border on obsession and I would advise you to be careful when spending time with your significant other favourite book. Be aware of how much time you are spending with them as opposed to your friends and family in the real world.

Happy reading!

What books have YOU fallen in love with?

(Mine would be.... Harry Potter series, Christy Miller series, and Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta)

---

So, sorry I haven't been blogging as much lately... school, y'know. Anyway, as I was looking for quotes to put above... I found this AWESOME quote by Oscar Wilde that basically sums up everything that I was trying to say in my last post: "The books the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame." Have a great weekend! (Oh, and in Canada, this weekend is Thanksgiving weekend... yeah don't really know why it's a month earlier than Americans but anyway... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!)

6 comments:

  1. My number one symptom for falling in love with a book: a book that's falling apart because I've read it so much.

    The Graveyard Book, HP books and The Book Thief but my copies of the GB and BT are in pretty good condition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I felt about The Hunger Games trilogy. I want to read them again. And The Good Earth by Pearl Buck. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, the one book that I could really find myself reading again and again and again is Kindred by Octavia Butler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well! I think I'll have to read all these books (the ones I haven't read) now since they're so lovable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that quote by Paul Sweeney!

    And yes, excellent symptoms for falling in love. That happened to me with Where She Went, Mockingjay, Boy Toy by Barry Lyga... SO MANY

    And I keep hearing so much buzz about Jellicoe Road - must read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. !! You have to read Jellicoe Road!!!! It has so many absolutely amazing stories in it and the characters are so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...