Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Hello! Thought I'd do a What's Up Wednesday to update you guys.

WHAT I'M READING

I am currently reading an ARC of The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski that I got from my local bookstore, on the condition that you send in a review to them. It's a pretty sweet deal. Also, I loved The Winner's Curse (the first one in the series), so I'm excited to read it's sequel, even if it's so painful, already, and I'm only about twelve chapters in.

WHAT I'M WRITING

Heheh... nothing, at the moment. I had started rereading the draft I finished in August, although I've stopped since school started. I suppose half a year is enough time for a draft to sit before digging into it, ha. There's still a lot that needs to be fixed, but I think I like the direction I've gone in better now. So I guess one of my goals is to finish reading it, and then start digging in and revising again. I'd also love to find a few more critique partners, so if you're interested...

I also want to write some more short stories, although I currently have no ideas. I'd also love to start something entirely new, but I only have an inkling of an idea, and no conflict or anything yet, so. I'm kind of in a slump with writing at the moment.

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW

Pascal Campion's art is gorgeous. I could look at it all day. I think my favourite thing about his art is that it tells a story.

Ahh so pretty.

WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO

School! What else is new? Going into the fourth week back, and I've finally become a little bit motivated. Oh, I also spent the evening with my best friend on Saturday, and we went to two different bookstores, and then we went back to her place to watch the CBC adaptation of the Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill. Both the book and the mini-series are very, very good and if you have not read the book, you should, and if you have, watch the CBC mini series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...