Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Addressed to: Santa, Santa's Workshop, North Pole

Did you know that the North Pole very well could be located in Canada? That means Santa might be a Canadian! So. Cool. (Literally!)

But, aside from that interesting little tidbit, today... I am going to... participate in my first "RTW" or "Road Trip Wednesday" (hosted by YA Highway). They ask a question, and everyone answers it on their own blogs!

Today's question is... *rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* (that was a drumroll)...

You spot Santa at the mall, climb onto his lap, and whisper that you've been a good boy or girl in his ear. What do you want Santa to bring you this year? Go wild! Have fun! After all, you earned it!

Okay, first of all what is Santa -the real Santa- doing at the mall? Shouldn't he be instruction his elves or spying on little girls and boys or something? Either that or like Dumbledore, he is keeping everyone safe with a twinkle in his eye. (HP is all I'm reading right now, hence all the HP comparisons).

Second of all, as far as getting a "writing wishlist", I so have not earned it. Aside from this blog, and English assignments, I have not worked a single minute on my "WIP" (Is it WIP or WiP?) Alas, I will still create a writer's wishlist, hoping upon hope that Dumbledore *ahem* Santa will give me a second chance. (And a third. And a fourth. And a fifth... and so forth and so forth...)

Dear Santa,

I provide for you in the following letter Gracie's Wish List for an Ideal Writer's Christmas. I hope you will forgive previous mistakes and procrastinations I have made in this busy time, and consider my requests. I will now present my wishes in a numbered list form, since I like to be extremely organized, and I drop into random spasms when my things like lists are not organized properly. Now, I will begin my list-making.

1. Time. Santa, kidnap Father Time for me and stuff him in a sack. Have him wait, about three days, while I finish everything from homework to Christmas card-making to present wrapping. Then, he may come out and live life normally while I savour the work-free days I have left.

2. Fun. Once you have rid me of that annoying clock, ticking away hours and yelling at me "YOU STILL HAVE STUFF TO DO", please provide me with fun. This is essential to my health, as laughter (proven scientifically) is the best medicine. Not that I don't have fun in my life, but arrange it so that there is time for not just me, but every one of my friends to get together and simply hang out.

3. Motivation. Santa, please kick me in the rear, do whatever it takes to get me to continue to write and work and spit out words each day, no matter what.

4. Brilliance. I know, Santa, this may be asking a bit much, but I would love for brilliance. Not necessarily in intelligence, but in my ideas. I need an idea that is unique and fun, for me to write and others to read.

5. The ability to write short stories. This is a helpful skill, Santa, and I seem to just not be able to acquire brilliant ideas (see number 4) to write these short stories.

6. Anyway possible so I can travel. Experiencing different things is a key part in acquiring ideas (see four and five). This can be acheived through travelling, something I have always wanted to do.

These may be prestigious dreams and wishes, but Santa, I know you are capable of anything. I hope.

Love,
Gracie
P.S. I wouldn't mind a variety of a hundred chocolate mints, either.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, brilliance. I forgot to stipulate that in my request for a muse. Santa might be bringing me a crappy one. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list. I would also like some brilliance and the ability to write short stories.

    Kate, is there such a thing as a non-brilliant muse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you decided to join in RTW! This is such a great post. I would also really like the ability to write short stories--ones that actually make sense, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, sensible short stories would be nice... and I never thought it could be possible that a muse would be non-brilliant? Thanks for the comments, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...