Friday, December 24, 2010

Have Yourself A Merry Awesome Christmas!

I feel like I should do a Christmas post. I mean, I've already done two Christmas-y posts, but it's CHRISTMAS EVE (day) and I'm SO EXCITED and that, somehow, results in the need for a Christmas post.

And what is around a lot at Christmas? No, not wrapping paper. No, not candy canes... but LISTS.

I love lists!! What sane person doesn't? (We love you insane people!)

So, some Christmas lists for this awesome special day:

AWESOME CHRISTMAS SONGS
1. Hallelujah Chorus, no argument! Well, really, the entirety of Handel's Messiah. GENIUS.
2. Joseph's Song (I'm not sure of the artist, but it's a pretty, sweet song).
3. O Holy Night.
4. O Come O Come Immanuel
5. Baby It's Cold Outside. I don't actually know this song very well, but a lot of people love it!

What are YOUR favourite Christmas songs?

MY FAMILY'S CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS
1. Christmas Eve at my mom's parents house with my cousins and aunts and uncles on my mom's side.
2. Stockings on Christmas eve.
3. Picture on the stairs at Grandparents house on Christmas Eve with uncooperative everyone. (My aunt is the one behind all this craziness!)
4. Christmas Morning Cinnamon Buns. If that's not the best tradition EVER, what IS?
5. The rest of Christmas day with my dad's family.
6. Christmas crackers. Everyone wears their tissue paper hats for the rest of the meal!

What are your family's awesome Christmas traditions?

INGREDIENTS FOR THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS MOOD!
1. Carols.
2. Wrapping presents.
3. Hot chocolate, or any hot drink, in a holiday mug. Or eggnog.
4. SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy, it snowed this morning BIG FAT FLAKES. I felt so Christmas spirity. :)

Hmm... what else?

Anyway, just some lists. I promise I'll get back to some more writing-related posts after Christmas... but I just have too much Christmas (or holiday) spirit not to share it right now!!!

Love all and MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS,

Gracie

2 comments:

  1. I'm also a lover of lists, and I have a list of Christmas favorites!

    Favorite movie: It's a Wonderful Life
    Favorite song: Mary, Did You Know?
    Favorite treat: Peppermint Chocolate Fudge
    Favorite meal: Shepherd's Pie
    Favorite book: Gift of the Magi
    Favorite tradition: My dad reads us "The Night Before Christmas" every year while we're wearing our new pajamas, and my mom takes a picture. She has a picture of it from every year since I was three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Lists are SO awesome, and so is mint chocolate! Mint chocolate is the best. That's an awesome tradition, too! :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...