Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Who I Look Up To (RTW)

Today's Road Trip Wednesday over at YA Highway relates to Kirsten Hubbard's Like Mandarin, where there is a teen girl called Grace who would give anything to be like Mandarin Ramey.


My Mandarins:

I. Liz, who is a girl at my school a grade younger than I am and is one of the nicest people in the school. I want to have her ability to talk and connect with everyone, to be cute and fun, and to be that friendly, people-person. I'm sure she makes everyone and anyone around her go, "She's so nice". I want to be like that.

II. My sister, because she is just that awesome. She has a personality of gold, complete with effortless humour, cuteness and the ability to express herself with reckless abandon (sometimes, like when she's angry, this is not such a good thing... haha). My sister, though, is awesome and sometimes I feel sorry for all the people out there who don't get her as a sister. ;) Sorry, she's MINE (well, mine and my parents' and my brother's).

III. My best friend, Emily. I want to have her extreme loyalty in friendships and her awesome ability to do whatever she wants without worrying about caring what other people think.

I realize it's a good thing to be yourself, but now that I've laid out my role models, I also realize that it's good to have role models, people to look at and learn something from, take away what you learned and then use it. And then, whaddyaknow, it ends up becoming part of yourself anyway. And then you can be yourself, just better.

6 comments:

  1. "And then you can be yourself, just better."

    Wise words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love that you look up to your best friend! That makes for a great friendship - and I'm sure she looks up to you, too. Wonderful post, Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that your Mandarins are all people close to you.

    I would love to be like my sister too. Awesome sisters ftw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all three of your Mandarins sound wonderful. i agree with leila--sisters rule!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sisters do rule. mine's one minute younger than me (twins!) but I definitely look up to her. also she looks up to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read that. now I have tears

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...