Wednesday, March 30, 2011

RTW: Well, When I Was Your Age...

This week's YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday question is...

What books were you obsessed with as a kid?

There is only one book -well, series- that I was obsessed with.


Yup. My best friend and I tried (and failed miserably) to start our own babysitter club. We even painted this box in hopes to make it our own private BSC library, cardboard library cards and everything. And we also tried to make a movie of the book Mary Anne Saves the Day.

Yes, I think I was definitely obsessed. :)

6 comments:

  1. OMG ME TOO!!! I can't remember how many were in the series, but I had at least 37, plus some of the Little Sister Karen books. When Mary Anne started dating Logan, it gave hope to plain brunettes everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty much. :D Gotta love the BSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also made a (failed) club of our own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember if we had a club of any kind, mostly because I don't know who the "we" might have been, but I DEF made my own BSC-style Kid Kits to take on my own jobs, and got up early one Easter morning solely because I KNEW there would be a BSC book in my basket, and read it in one sitting until my family woke up hours later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never read them - they were sort of between my kidhood and the kids kid books. My Mom liked them and had them in her classroom though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so many of those books. I gave them to my Mom's school library. I filled 3 shelves. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...