Friday, June 24, 2011

Dear Notebook,

It's not you. It's me. Actually, never mind, that's not true. It's all you, because you seem to have this thing called a finite number of pages. And, well, I've reached the last page with you, Notebook. I'm sorry, but it looks like it's time to say goodbye.

We've had some good times, Notebook. I've shared many thoughts and stories with you. I want to thank you for tolerating the spontaneous scribbling I do when I suddenly have a burst of inspiration and I know if I don't write it down immediately, I will forget. So thank you, Notebook, for being half of my memory.

Or, really, more like half of my brain. Thoughts, stories, bits and pieces of assignments, all of that finds home somewhere in your pages. I must say, Notebook, you are amazing. To make sense of such mindless mumbo-jumbo... I don't know how you do it.

Your last page, Notebook*
Yet all good things must come to an end, which unfortunately must happen with this relationship. It seems like you've been used for every little thing, but there's only so many random thoughts you can stand, I'm sure. Now that we've reached the last page of our journey together, I hope you will accept my gratitude as well as my goodbye.

I will never forget you, Notebook, but I must move on to bigger and better things, and maybe some notebooks with more blank pages than you.

Also, Notebook, I'm really sorry that your last page isn't inscribed with this beautiful goodbye message, but a page of Dutch Blitz scores (and I didn't even win).

We can still be friends, Notebook, I promise.

Sincerely,
Gracie

**In case you're wondering, whenever I keep score for Dutch Blitz I get everyone to choose a nickname...

7 comments:

  1. Haha, this is great :) I just finished my notebook as well, so I have to head into the bookstore really soon to buy another stash (just so I have back-ups). Then I have to copy in all the notes I've been writing on pages of refill since I finished it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually really sucked that I finished my notebook because one of my best friends actually made a cover for it, and it had really nice paper! And actually, I didn't really use notebooks before that but now I wonder why I was so crazy not to!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My notebooks are all really humble - they are just 1B4 Exercise books that you normally use for school and stuff. I like them for some strange reason.

    And same. Notebooks are awesomesauce. How did I ever survive without one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I've given you an award on my blog (www.nickhight.blogspot.com), which you can come and claim if you'd like to :) :) :) :) SMILEY OVERUSE :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Um, how do blog awards work exactly?? And YES smileys :D:D:D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basically, once someone has given you an award, you go to their blog, copy the award image, and then go and post it somewhere visible on your blog where you can gloat about it lots! Also, you credit the person who gave it to you, and pass it on to others too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, OK. I think I will do that now...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...