Tuesday, June 21, 2011

On Weird in Writers

So today I had this conversation with my brother:

Me: Okay, so I have been stuck on my first draft of my cliff-hanger for forever, and I KNOW that I need a new way to freshen it up, to make the beginning more interesting. Any ideas?

Bro (lying stretched out on the couch playing video games): Uh, I don't know, Tam's king?

Me: [Says all reasons why this is a bad idea. And uncreative. And all that jazz.]

Bro: I dunno... someone dies.

Me: Well... [SUDDENLY a HUGE OCEAN wave of inspiration hits me, and somehow it invovles someone dying. This may have been a coincidence, or it may have been triggered my brother. God only knows.] YES. YES! YES!

[I start jumping up and down and dancing while continuing to shout "Yes!"]

Bro: You're weird.

Me: I. Am a writer.

Bro: I don't think all writers are weird.

Me: Uh... I really think a lot of writers out there would disagree.

Bro: Well, then, bad writers are probably normal.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS LOGIC.





3 comments:

  1. Yes, most writers are weird. :) I don't know about bad writers being normal, but it seems like us creative types are a bit different. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! This so made me laugh :) Especially the line, "I. Am a writer." as your argument against "You're weird." This is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brittany: Well, that's my brother's brain for you...

    @Nick: Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...