Sunday, July 3, 2011

Teen Writers Summer Blogfest: My Writing: THE REAL THING

I originally wasn't going to participate for this day of the Teen Writers Blogfest (see all the other participants stuff here), mostly because I accidentally skimmed over that day on my list and just didn't see it but also because I didn't really feel like sharing any of my writing.

But I figured since I talk quite a bit about writing on this blog thing, and I also now have quite a few followers (yay new followers! Say hello!) I might as well. (Although I'm sure Linda and the Dragon was an excellent peek into my writing. HAHA.)

So I haven't really been working on anything for awhile, because I was stuck on the thing I was working on and I was taking a break. But the thing I was stuck on I am now becoming unstuck and I just in the past couple of days read over what I wrote and went, "There's hope in this." (Sometimes when I do this I go, "This is trash, why I am writing this??") And now I have some ideas, so I think I will continue working on that for awhile.

But you want an excerpt, don't you? Okay. Here goes.

After about twenty minutes I find I've been running my palms along the surface of the mountain and have turned my hands a deep red colour, as if I've dipped my hands in bleeding ash. I guess it helps to feel like I'm pushing the walls out from beside me, because it is extremely claustrophobic. Up is blackness. Left and right is red mountain walls. Forward and back is both black, one unknown and the other known. But there is no going back.

Yup, that's all you're getting. (Because if you didn't already know, I am a cliff-hanger expert.)

4 comments:

  1. My excerpt's short too because I haven't written anything very good lately because I took a long writing vacation. But yours is much better than mine, and I'm definitely curious to know what the rest of the story is about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooh, very interesting piece. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting :) Being curious me, I'd have liked more context, but it was good writing. "Bleeding ash" = :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! And @Laura: Yeah, I just kind of picked a few sentences in the middle of my story... so it's not like this is the beginning, or anything. That's why there's a lack of context.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...