Friday, July 1, 2011

Teen Writers Summer Blogfest: MEMEMEME (and Canada)


Yes, I have a pool in my backyard. :D
HAPPY CANADA DAY!! It's been a 144 years since Canada first became a country on July 1, 1867. (Although my province didn't actually become part of the country until after Confederation... but anyway.) If you want to learn about Canada, go here. (HAHA that post is hilarious.) And some awesome Canadian bloggers: Yahong Chi and Clementine. (And they're both teenagers!! And writers! YES!)

So not only is it Canada's birthday, but it's also the first day of the awesome Teen Writers Summer Blogfest hosted by Brittany at Hills and Corkscrews. According to the schedule, I am supposed to introduce myself.

Well. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm Canadian. :) (So if you were wondering, that is why I always write "favourite" with a "u"). And if you've really honed your detective skills, you might've also figured out that I'm a teen. (A nice uneven 17 years of age.)

Now I am going to go ahead and interview myself, because that's what cool people do (okay, technically Brittany came up with all the questions, but still).

Top 3 favourite genres to read?
I was going to say something along the lines of romance, contemporary and dystopia or something but with anything (like carrots or cheese) too much is bad for you. I get sick of any genre if I read too much of it, which is why I think it's good to branch out and read different things all the time! (I think I am going to post on that sometime!)

Favourite movie?
My tastes differ but right now I really enjoy... Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1). It was excellently, excellently done. (Also I don't really watch that many movies).

Person you would most want to meet, alive or dead?
Mattie Stepanek.

Dogs or cats?


Dream job?
Um. Author, o'course.

Three of your hobbies besides writing?
Scrapbooking, singing, fluting (by which I mean playing flute), biking...


Last book you read?
I am preparing this post early so it may be different by the time I actually post it but, Pop by Gordon Korman (yes, I read an entire book about [American] football!!)

If you were a superhero, what would your powers be?
Um, probably supreme organization skills??

Weirdest thing about you?
So either that I always rinse my mouth out three times after I brush my teeth because I am hyperaware of the warning that you aren't supposed to swallow toothpaste, or that I have a slight fear of staircases.

 If you won a million dollars how would you spend it?
On renovating our entire house for my parents, charity, and BOOKS o' course.


Your Hogwarts house? (or are you not a HP fan?)
As of recently, I am an HP fan, but I don't know which house I'd be in. Probably Ravenclaw (but doesn't everyone want to be in Gryffindor anyway??)

If you were a piece of clothing what would you be?
Sweatpants? I don't know, something comfy. So if you are wearing something comfy right now, you are wearing me!! Ahem. Okay then.

So! Hope you learned a little about me, your fellow blogger and I also hope you'll enjoy the rest of the Teen Writers Summer Blogfest! Check out the other particpants' blogs: Taryn, Rachael, Will, Nick, Laura and of course Brittany.

So... what's the most interesting thing about you???

6 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day! I always throw a fit when people announce their Canadian, because I'm not. (I'm a hockey fan and envy the Canadians.) Fun answers. I'm totally a cat person, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I actually don't follow hockey... my brother & dad are much more into soccer, and as a result, so am I. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm not a cat person but I love the picture!

    I'm a Gryffindor but not by choice. I was sorted into it. (If you count random house quizzes on the internet.)

    And that sounds like an awesome superpower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I'm seventeen too! Awesome age. If this were fantasy, we'd be getting The Call any day now...

    I think I'd be your super-villain nemesis though, since I can't keep things organized worth a darn. My powers consist of random chance and craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deathly Hallows was amazing. I can't wait for part 2. I'd rather be a Ravenclaw, but I'm not particularly brave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a cat person too! Is it a given that if you're a writer then you love cats? Maybe it's because they're quieter than dogs and we writers need an impossibly ridiculous amount of silence. Or maybe that's just me :]

    I'm still trying to convince my sister to let me get a cat. It's not going so great. She says that if we're moving in together, then no animals. I tried telling her that the cat was for creative purposes and would help me write, but she didn't buy it.

    Great first post! I'm looking forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...