Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Journey

Hey guys! I'm at home. :) I kind of feel like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz - I need to be away from home for awhile just to find out how awesome home really is. :)

ANYWAY, today (July 15 where I live) is the release date of the final Harry Potter movie, and the end of an era. I've recruited one of my best friends, Emily (who I have talked about before), to talk about some of her experiences of Harry Potter. She is also twice as into books as I am, and she has a budding book review blog here.

Anyway, here she is:

In my life, Harry Potter has always been a part of it. When I was 8, my Mom started to read Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone to me at bed time. When I began to read them on my own, I got hooked. I don’t recall any set of books on my shelf that have been read more than Harry Potter. For the release of the final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, my Aunt and I went to a nearby park for the release. We both got our books at about 12:10 in the morning, and the first thing we did was go to a small courtyard with benches and read a couple of pages each. I was up until 3:00 that morning, reading, though I didn’t finish it.


When I found out that the producers of the movie were going to put the last movie into two parts, I had mixed feelings. At first I was thinking “oh no! Now I have to wait even longer for the ending!”. Then, however, I realised “This is awesome! They are gonna keep just about everything in the movie!” I cannot wait to see this movie. I know I will cry, because it is the end!

I have heard people saying that they don’t enjoy the first 2 or 3 books as much as the later ones. They say that the writing is so “young”. I think that J.K. Rowling did this purposefully. She grew as her fans grew! I began reading the books when I was 8, and the final book came out when I was 14. By that time, I had so many ideas of my own about how the book should end. I have to admit. J.K. Rowling’s ending whipped all of my ideas in the butt! I think that having the epilogue of “19 years later” was an amazing idea. It shows that everything worked out. After all, the final words in the entire series were “All was well.”

When I read that, I got goosebumps, literally. The series of my childhood was over, but I know that it will never leave me. I will be reading the Harry Potter series for a long time. (Just think: the Lord of the Rings finished in 1949, but it is still hopping, and Harry Potter is 10000000000x better!)

So visit Emily's blog here, and what are your Harry Potter stories? Share in the comments, or post on your blog and leave a link!

2 comments:

  1. I have a literal "Harry Potter Journey" story to share: on long road trips, my family would bring the Harry Potter books on tape (on CD once we got past the 90's, lol) and listen to them in the car. On our last road trip this summer, we finished the entire Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I think Harry Potter would be an awesome book to listen to on a road trip.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...