Friday, July 29, 2011

Some Of My Life In Stick Figures

First of all: GUESS WHAT!? I have accomplished something amazing, my FIRST EVER guest post!! Brittany Clarke at The Balancing Act asked me to write something for her blog post series (is that what you call them?) "Where I Go" (I think you can participate if you want to...). Anyway, check that post out HERE!! It was amazingly fun and a lot more challenging than I thought it would be (but that's a good thing). And if you want me to do a guest post for you, I'd be happy to! Just send me an e-mail: kazuntai101[at]gmail[dot]com.

Now onto today's post...

-----

Ever since someone commented on the drawing in this post, I've been thinking about showcasing my amazing (ha!) drawings, you know, just for fun. And then in the past week I have been bombarded with ideas for cartoons. Most of them courtesy of my kooky family. So here's some of my life, a la stick figures:

In case you can't read my amazing calligraphy, the bottom sentence says:
"People Who Think All Canadians Speak French Have Never Met My Dad"



The Pillow Take-over happens EVERY NIGHT.



Does this happen to anyone else?? Anyone?? (I love you, Mom!)
  So, yeah. All these are based on my actual life. "Based" because otherwise we are all made of sticks and have the sameish colour hair and we also don't have noses, toes, fingers, or ears. Also, just in case anyone was wondering, everyone in my family is not the same height. My brother is fifteen feet tall, my dad is around fourteen feet, my mom at twelve feet, me thirteen feet and... my sister is about three feet. She walks around on stilts constantly in order to not have a sore neck by the end of the day from looking/talking up at us. (Ha! Just kidding... that would be cool though. And that is the order of height for my family from tallest-shortest: bro, dad, mom, me, sis.)

I have no good wrap-up tonight... so instead I'll just do this:

WHY I NEED A NEW BRAIN:

IM Conversation I Had With My Friend A Few Nights Ago

Me: What are you doing?
Friend: talking to you, sitting on my bed, debating whether or not to go to sleep, watching friends
Me: Watching friends? Hmm... like stalking? ;)
Friend: it's a tv show dingbat
Me: What's a TV show dingbat?
Pause. Wait for it.
Me: Oh
Me: I'm a dingbat
Me: the tv show Friends -_-;

THE END.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm laughing so hard that I can hardly type this! :] We are constantly running out of something in my house and it's always a war about who's going to go pick it up. I honestly thought that was just my family.

    Very impressive drawing skills, my friend. I think there should by more drawings in the near future :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Gracie, you crack me up. Made me laugh all through this post. Those drawings are great. Hang on to them. You'll love looking at them years from now. Oh, and the heights of your family members and your little sis on stilts - too funny! Okay, I'm going to go read your guest post. And I just might take you up on that one of these days! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D! I love you Gracie! (BTW only one person so far can't believe how much milk your Mom buys, so don't feel to bad!)

    And also, I love that conersation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! I am glad you enjoyed that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off to go read your guest post, and I love the drawings, too! Especially the Pillow Take-over- my dog does a version of that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...