Monday, July 25, 2011

Why I Hate Books

Guess what these are:


Yes, they're books. But they are ALSO the first ever books I have bought where I have gone to the author's website before I read the book. Yup, apparently socialnetmarketing (or whatever it's called) works on me.

So I bought Divergent on Amazon, but Across the Universe I bought at the Chapters (The Bookstore for Canada) in Calgary.

So. I had convinced my mom to go to the Chapters that happened to be in the same shopping complex as the scrapbooking store she wanted to go to (and I did too, admittedly). She agreed, and as soon as I was in the store (oooh look books!!!) I headed straight for the teen section.

My heart started pounding and I kind of felt like jumping up and down like an excited little girl on her birthday. (But I contained myself). Because there, on the shelves, were BOOKS!!! (I know, I should have been prepared for this, considering it's a bookstore...)

And there were tons of books that I'd seen all over the 'net, their awesome blurbs and praise spread across the world. There was Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma, the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, She's So Dead to Us, Across the Universe, Beauty Queens, Falling for Hamlet... and even more!

And I had a $25.00 gift card.

That is ONE BOOK, my friend.

That's why I hate books. Because they're WAY TOO AWESOME. If they weren't, I wouldn't care about spending money on them.

But they are. And I do. So I hate them.

*Note: In this sense, "hate" means I adore them and want to eat them for breakfast because I love them so much. I love you, books!!

6 comments:

  1. Gosh, me too! I can't contain myself inside bookstores. I walk up and down the aisles smiling like an idiot and trying not to buy everything I see. There's not enough money in the world for how many books I want to buy :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read both Divergent and Across the Universe. Let us know how you like them. Anna & the French Kiss is very good! It's the first book I bought for my Kindle when I bought it a couple months ago. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brittany: Good to know I'm not the only one who gets caught up in the excitement of bookstores.

    @LynNerd: I have heard SO much about Anna and the French Kiss but I still haven't had the chance to get my hands on a copy and read it yet!! I'm excited to, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate books, too. Except when they're in the library, in which case I go really crazy and take out whole stacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is precisly why I want a kindle. I can still read books, and I would still buy real books (you just can't beat the feeling of a brand new book!) but a kindle will be awesome for travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Golden Eagle: The library is my best friend!!! I always feel sorry for the people in line behind me at the check-out counter. heheh.

    @Emily: I see!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...