Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A is for All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

Wow. That was unexpectedly good. I actually just finished it, and my heart is still pounding.



I was hooked from the first chapter, and it quickly reigned me in and kept me interested until the very last line. I love the unique idea of focusing on time travel, and I loved how the time travel was written about. It never seemed like it relied too heavily on things that have been done before, which was really nice.

But of course I mostly love the focus on the characters and the development of their relationships. I loved Finn, Marina, Em and James and their interactions and the intricacies of their personalities. They were all fascinating to spend time with and watch grow and interact with each other. I especially loved the interaction between Em and Marina, and how much Em obviously cared for Marina.

The ending was also done really well. I liked how every character's actions made sense in the context of the story. I also liked how there was stuff about Marina coming to love herself, and I loved how that was included in the ending. I also loved how there was no hint of a sequel (even if there is one). Sometimes I feel like books drag on in order to segue into sequels when they don't need to, and the ending to this story was perfect. It all fit well into one book. I mean, I could do with more of Em and Finn, but I think it ended really well.

If you read All Our Yesterdays, what did you think? If you haven't, what have you heard? Good, bad? Well, I'm here to tell you to look at that gorgeous cover, ignore the negative reviews, and go read it!

Check out All Our Yesterdays on:
Goodreads
Amazon.com / Amazon.ca

Check out the author:
Website
Twitter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...