Saturday, April 26, 2014

N is for Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook

Quick summary: Nobody But Us is about two kids, 18-year-old Will and 15-year-old Zoe, who are in a relationship with each other. Will was in a foster home and now that he's 18 he's free from the state or however it works in the US, and Zoe's home situation is less than stellar so they run away to Vegas together.

The main thought I'm left with after reading this book is: what the heck?


I still have no idea where this book was trying to go. Most of the scenes in the book were just Will and Zoe love scenes, which are fine I guess, but when you have so many of them, it gets a little exhausting.

The other aspect was Will and Zoe running away. I was never really sure what the author was trying to say - is this a good thing?

And the ending was... what? And it wasn't a good "what", like the ending of Ender's Game, more like a... this makes absolutely no sense, what is this book even about? It just didn't make any sense to me.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts, if you've read it. You can check it out on Goodreads here. (Also this is a Goodreads review that said some of my thoughts much more eloquently than I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...