Wednesday, April 23, 2014

M is for MIND GAMES by Kiersten White

So far I've managed to do A through J of my A to Z challenge, but I kind of only completed half of the letters because I kind of burnt out after being in the midst of exams and reading so many books in a row. So I didn't read any K or L books, so we're onto M today with MIND GAMES by Kiersten White.

If I was to describe this book in one word, that one word would be "INTENSE". I think my heart is still pounding from reading this.



MIND GAMES is about two sisters, Annie and Fia, whose parents both die in a car crash. As a result they're left to fend for themselves, although since Annie is blind, Fia feels it's up to her to do everything it takes to protect her sister. That also means they end up trapped in a school for people with psychic abilities, which includes Annie. Fia has other abilities that are useful Keane, the man who runs the school.

That's basically the strength of the story - Fia's fierce love and need to protect her sister. I loved that that was at the centre of the book. I can definitely relate. I loved the complexity of the characters, Annie, Fia, and also James, Fia's love interest, I guess? I could never really figure him out, probably because neither can Fia. I loved it.

MIND GAMES definitely kept me hooked the entire way through, and I'm definitely putting the sequel on my TBR list.

Find it on Goodreads here.

1 comment:

  1. I had a hard time getting into this one, but I'm going to try it when I'm more rested. Then I think I'll be ready for the narration style.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! I really treasure every comment... whether it just be a hello or a deeper thought. I love hearing your thoughts! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...